Heart Chakra Stones: Healing Crystals for Universal Love
The core focus of the heart chakra is universal love. 3.5 billion years ago bacteria evolved into the first cell: this was the beginning of life on Earth. Every living thing you see around you originates from this initial formation of consciousness. We are not merely humans who live on Earth: we form part of the whole Earth experience. Our heart chakra is, in many ways, the centre of our human experience, and it supports our connection to Earth and every living thing. It is essential to maintain and restore balance to this energy centre through the use of special heart chakra stones.
What is the heart chakra?
The heart chakra is our fourth energy centre, known in Sanskrit as Anahata. It’s associated with the colour green. The heart chakra determines our level of trust, which in turn influences the degree to which we allow ourselves to love and be loved. The heart chakra is located in the centre of your chest, at the spot you gently touch with the palm of your hand when something touches your heart.
Learn Crystal Healing
Harness the healing power of crystals and learn how to bring balance to your life, and to the lives of others.
Balanced heart chakra
Those with a balanced heart chakra have a general passion for living. They truly want the best for everyone; it brings them genuine joy to witness other people doing well. No matter the circumstances in their external reality, there is a constant undercurrent of harmony and peace in their soul. They have deep faith that everything will be okay in the end.
The balanced heart chakra simply cannot be hidden. You’ll notice that spending time with someone with a balanced heart chakra somehow sets you at peace. There is a sense of bliss about them, and they exude an unmistakable love for life. They can feel deeply hurt but still maintain a profound level of love and respect for themselves.
Blocked heart chakra
Just like it's hard to hide a balanced heart chakra, a blocked heart chakra is quite plain to see. Someone who has a blockage of the heart chakra may have the following difficulties:
- They are often incredibly shy (note that this can also indicate a blocked throat chakra).
- They do not see themselves as having much or any potential.
- Life may feel like an unfair curse, as though they may have been punished for some atrocious universal wrong they must have committed at some point.
- They may experience a constant, heart-breaking loneliness, even if they are surrounded by people.
- They will often declare that they do not want or need love, yet privately they are
- longing for closeness, as we all do.
- When they do pursue love and closeness, it is often with someone who is bound to disappoint them, thereby deepening their belief about love not being safe for them.
- They experience a strong sense of separation from everything and everyone.
Causes of a blocked heart chakra
The blocked heart chakra can be a result of your client’s personal life experience. The heart chakra deals with love, and negative experiences in love can have a lasting impact. Causes can include the following:
- Extreme life disappointments you invested your heart into, such as a romantic disappointment or the passing of a loved one.
- Being an unwanted child, even if you are not at this point consciously aware of it.
- Stress is a big cause of a blocked heart chakra.
- Carrying guilt or shame for your actions that have negatively impacted others.
Heart chakra balancing crystals
If your heart chakra is unbalanced, using healing crystals can bring about an array of benefits. Once you restore balance, you will experience a smoother, easier flow of life and your emotions will be experienced in healthier ways.
You can recognise Bloodstone by its rich dark green colour with tell-tale red spots and patches in it. Bloodstone has a beautiful natural luminous shine to it, and it has the most beautiful, yet incredibly powerful, energy.
In crystal healing, it has the following benefits:
- It gently opens the heart space.
- It brings overall emotional healing.
- It helps you work through the causes of a blocked heart chakra, allowing you to process your pain in healthy ways.
- If you are quitting smoking or detoxing in some other way, bloodstone will help ease the unpleasant effects of this process.
- It aids sleep by helping you sink into a state of deep, calm relaxation.
How to use bloodstone for healing
Bloodstone’s energy operates differently to that of other stones, in the sense that Bloodstone has a purifying quality. It can be compared to cleaning a window so that you get to enjoy the view that was always there. It focuses on clearing blockages so that love can flow.
- Sleep with a piece of bloodstone under their pillow or next to your bed.
- If you sleep with bloodstone near your bed or under your pillow, keep a crystal healing journal next to your bed. Write down whatever comes to mind first thing in the morning. You may notice a pattern beginning to form and you can start understanding what your subconscious mind is trying to communicate to you via your dreams.
- Place the stone right in the centre of the chest while lying down.
Bloodstone radiates the energy of three zodiac signs: Aries, Libra, and Pisces. Aries represents new beginnings, while Libra represents the act of finding amicable solutions. Pisces represents perfect balance and unlocking passion in healthy ways.
The planet associated with bloodstone is Mars, an energy that is all about breaking into new territories. As for the number association, two energies are linked to this crystal: number 4, which is about stability; and number 6, representing love and good luck.
Bloodstone is naturally occuring in Australia, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Russia, and India.
It has a Mohs hardness of 7.
Green Aventurine is a unanimous favourite among crystal healers. It is often referred to as the crystal that helps make dreams come true. Green Aventurine harmonises your yin and yang, which helps unlock your uniqueness.
In crystal healing, it has the following benefits:
- Green aventurine helps foster a healthy sense of discernment, to guide you in achieving your dreams.
- It releases old patterns, allowing you to move forward with confidence and embrace change.
- It can soothe those with a short temper, allowing for more healthy processing of anger.
- It can usher in a sense of calm and peace to bring you into your natural rhythm.
- It can ease suffering as a result of love complications.
- It gives courage and enhances self-love.
- It can also help when grieving the loss of a loved one.
How to use green aventurine for healing
- Sleep with the stone under your pillow for restful sleep.
- Carry a piece in your pocket or purse to help opportunity find its way to you.
- Wear the crystal on a pendant to clear and heal the heart chakra.
- Place it at the centre of a grid in a crystal healing session.
- Meditate with the stone in your hand or lie with it on your chest.
Green aventurine properties
The astrological energy for green aventurine is that of Aries. This is about open and honest energy, new beginnings, and soul searching.
The planet Mercury is the ruling energy of green aventurine. Mercury is all about communication, and has an on-the-go, happy energy.
Green aventurine comes from Italy, Brazil, China, India, Russia, Tibet, and Nepal. It has a Mohs hardness of 7.
Rose quartz is the stone of universal love. Many people’s crystal journey begins with rose quartz: it is easy to come by, and has a beautiful, gentle yet powerful energy. It is also the first crystal most people will mention when referring to matters of the heart, for good reason.
Rose quartz resonates strongly with the heart chakra, since it is the crystal of love and the heart chakra is all about love. In crystal healing, it has the following benefits:
- It can bring about a strong sense of self-love.
- It can help you find intimacy, connection, and compassion in the world.
- It can help the heart heal from wounds left by past trauma or hurt.
How to use rose quartz to unblock the heart chakra
- Place it in the windowsill of a room to bring love and peace to the space.
- Place a stone under your pillow to promote peaceful sleep.
- Hold the stone or stones while you meditate.
- Lie with the stone over your heart and breathe deeply.
- Wear the stone as jewellery or keep it in your pocket to bring gentle calm to your day to day activities.
Using Rose Quartz with Green Aventurine and Bloodstone
In crystal healing, it is common practice to use multiple crystals together, but this can get complicated. These three heart chakra stones work together beautifully, though, so follow the following guidelines to use them for powerful healing.
- For a severely blocked heart chakra, place a piece of green aventurine and rose quartz next to each other on the chest.
- If you are seeking a solution from a life situation that is incredibly overwhelming or even physically dangerous, place a piece of green aventurine on the chest for yin and yang balance, a piece of bloodstone on the abdominal area to ease concerns, and a piece of rose quartz on the forehead to open the mind to universal support and solutions.
Heart chakra meditation to connect to your higher heartOnce your heart chakra is balanced, it’s possible to access and connect with your higher heart. This is achieved through meditation, and should be done with rose quartz either laying on your chest, or worn as a pendant over your chest area. If you subscribe to our weekly newsletter,
The meditation journey serves two purposes:
- It helps you cross the gap between the solar plexus and the heart chakra, which could be quite challenging for some people.
- It allows you to experience what higher heart opening feels like.
What is the higher heart?
The higher heart is an energy state you can only reach when your heart chakra is balanced. Higher heart opening is your reward for the work you put into balancing your chakras and focusing on healing. It changes your life profoundly.
The process cannot be rushed and its magnificence can only truly be appreciated in true soul silence. For some it takes longer to reach this stage than others, but all can reach it, for love is every human being’s true nature.
Want to learn more about crystal healing?
Crystal healing offers you the opportunity to do something meaningful for yourself and others, and to restore balance to your life. No matter what you believe, taking time out to care for your mind and soul has immense benefits. Upskillistonline crystal healing course will provide you with the skills and confidence you need to overcome trauma, hurt, anxiety, and emotional pain.